Window coverings come in many different varieties such as blinds, curtains, shades, shutters and exterior roller shades. They are commonly made from materials such as wood, aluminum, plastic, fiberglass, vinyl, PVC and wood composites like bamboo and rattan. The window coverings have varied degrees of insulation, depending on the type of material and the window coverings used. The window coverings also vary in the appearance and color. Here is a list of some of the most common types of window coverings:
– Blinds: As the name indicates, blinds are types of window coverings that are drawn. They are mostly used to control sunlight and provide privacy. Available in vertical and horizontal designs, they are available in a variety of price ranges. – Curtains: These are also known as drapes or curtains. They are made from fabric and used to prevent fading, block strong sunlight and provide privacy. They are available in a variety of designs, styles, colors, patterns and prices.
– Shades: Shades are the oldest form of window coverings. They are basically window shades that have been around for a long time. There is a lot of choice when it comes to shades. The most popular ones include cellular, roller, Roman, Venetian, pleated and damask.
– Shades come with or without bottoms. The most common one is the bottom rail. In case of a bottom rail, the blinds are fastened to the bottom rail with metal clips at the top and bottom rail. Bottom rail window treatments are most effective when used on smaller windows or where the light is very bright, whereas in larger windows it might look awkward because the blinds are fastened at the top and bottom rail.
– Window treatments such as blinds and shades help to reduce heat gain or loss. This is because they allow a limited amount of light into the room because of the way they are designed. For example, the most effective way to prevent heat loss in the winter months is to use vertical blinds because they are not only effective in blocking direct sunlight but also prevent heat gain by blocking direct sunlight. These window coverings also prevent heat gain because they help to reflect heat back from the sun thereby reducing the temperature inside the room. You can view here for more info.
– Window coverings such as Roman shades, cellular shades and curtains use cordless motors. Cordless motor window coverings provide quick and easy operation. When a cordless motor is used, the window covering simply has to be placed in place and pulled out with a simple cord. Many cordless ladders are even smaller and foldable versions of standard ladders. Window coverings using these ladders are very popular for use in attics, gutter systems and crawl spaces and are available in many different sizes, styles and models.
You can read also this related article – https://www.huffpost.com/entry/21-creative-ways-to-dress_b_8079476